Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I often make a mental list of things I'd like to do better in the new year. Naturally, I usually fail on some level not to meet all of my expectations.  Perhaps this is what makes New Year's Resolutions so cliche. Because it's a mental list, no one really knows if I disappoint myself by not fulfilling my obligations. So this year, I'm going to strive for a limited list.  There's a laundry list of improvements to be made, but the goal is to try to stick to at least these few.  Putting them in print some how makes it seem more binding.

1) I need to live a more healthy life.  Better diet, more exercise, fewer excuses about why I don't do either.  I will lose 50 pounds this year--that's an average of less than a pound a week, which somehow makes it seems like an attainable goal.  I want to try a new recipe at least once a month too.

2) One book completed in a month--no more of this putting off, reading 3 books at at time and finishing none--12 books this year minimum.  Look for more blogged book reviews.

3) More meaningful communication.  I never write people as often as I mean to.  Once upon a time I called friends weekly.  With Jack as my crutch, I've really slacked in this department and I can do better to foster the relationships which mean the most to me. I want to improve my blog writing too.  I have neglected to post many of the thoughts and experiences I would have liked to.  This year, I will do better.

4) Be more appreciative.  I will make a concious effort to let people know how much they are valued.  I will not take what I have for granted. I will be more generous and share my blessings with others.  
 

How about you?  Any resolutions you feel like sharing? StumbleUpon

2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that
    I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
    Also visit my blog post ... get rid of acne scars

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me a note.