Tuesday, April 26, 2011

National Library Week

Yes, this post is a week overdue, but it's been a crazy week. As my first year as an official librarian, I was super excited to celebrate National Library Week.  On Monday, I launched a library scavenger hunt.  Tuesday was Faculty book match--a quiz to see if students could match their favorite teachers with their favorite book.  This was very challenging since many teachers picked the same classics.  I really loved this activity because we generated a good variety of quality reads.
On Wednesday students could create a beaded bookmark in the Resource Center.  Thursday saw faculty members judging student entries for the "Dream Library Contest."  In celebration of Teen Literature Appreciation, I also hosted a book swap.  Contest winners were announced Friday.
This was an awesome experience and I can't wait to do more next year! StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me a note.