It seems so strange that at this most wonderful time of the year, people can be both at their best and at their worst. While dozens of people find ways to give toys and food for those in need, others find themselves desperate enough to take what isn't there's. Still others just find it a great time to take advantage of those of us who are too busy to be mindful of our surroundings.
There is also tons of travel during the holidays. We'll be going both north and south for family gatherings. It seems the weather doesn't always cooperate with that. All those wishes for a white Christmas can result in hazardous driving conditions. It seems that we have to leave home just a little earlier to avoid some great snow fall between home and Rich's family gathering in the great white north.
This year, Master Lock wants to help you avoid any pitfalls that come with the eventful season by taking proper precautions to ensure safety and security remain top-of-mind.
MasterLock makes the following recommendations:
• Travel Safely. Whether you’re planning a road trip or flight, be sure to take all the proper safety precautions. If driving to your destination, check tire pressure beforehand for optimal handling and traction and consider having your car winterized by your mechanic for added safety.
• Secure Your Home. During the holiday season, you’re likely to have guests coming and going from your home for a number of get-togethers. Be sure all entry points, including doors, windows and sliding glass doors, are locked before and after guests depart to help keep your family, home and valuables safe.
• Shop Smart. To stay safe while enjoying a fun holiday shopping trip to the local mall or shopping center, be aware of your surroundings. Park in well-lit areas
You can help Master Lock by sharing holiday safety and security tips and insights on the Master Lock Facebook wall. If you do so, you'll be entered into the Holiday Safety Sweepstakes. You could win one of four $50 VISA gift cards, one of two $100 VISA gift cards to help with holiday shopping or a Master Lock Holiday Safety Gift Pack.
• For more information on and to enter the Master Lock Holiday Safety Sweepstakes, visit: www.facebook.com/masterlock
• For more information on Master Lock and their products, visit Masterlock.com
I am a member of One2One Network.I wrote this blog as part of their promotional campaign. I received no monetary compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.